Because Health is hiring!
Come be our Marketing and Communications Director / Associate
Marketing and Communications Director / Associate
Location: San Francisco, California
Status: Full-time (30-40 hours)
Because Health is an environmental health educational health campaign consisting of alifestyle site and social media brand. Because Health's mission is to share simple, actionable, positive, science-based tips and resources to a predominantly millennial audience. We are a place for people who care about their wellness and health, and recognize that pollution of our air, water, and soil, toxic chemicals in our products, and other environmental risks like climate change, are just as important as working out and eating right.
Because Health is a project run by the nonprofit the Collaborative on Health and the Environment (CHE). CHE is committed to protecting the health of families, children and communities from pollution, climate change, toxic chemicals, and other environmental factors that contribute to disease and disability. CHE serves as a non-partisan source of information on emerging environmental health research and creates multiple educational forums in order to strengthen our collective capacity to translate the latest environmental health research into health-promoting programs, policies and practices.
CHE is seeking a mission-driven, high performing candidate to develop and implement our marketing strategy to drive the campaign's initiatives to spread our impactful mission. The Marketing and Communications Director will own the strategy and execution of content across every social media channel, develop and implement brand partnership product and influencer campaigns, and assist in the strategy and execution of content on our website. The ideal candidate will have a high degree of adaptability and a willingness to dive in and get things done, all while keeping the big picture in sight and being extremely organized. He/she will have an ability to learn quickly, think creatively, and communicate effectively. This is an opportunity to make an impact on a non-profit in its growing phase and help us develop it into a premier resource for environmental health. Also willing to consider candidates at the Associate level, depending on relevant experience.
The position is full-time and based in the San Francisco Bay Area. This position is remote ~40% of the time, with the remainder working with the Program Director at a co-working space in San Francisco. Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, including an excellent benefits package. Willing to discuss part-time opportunities for the right candidates (30+ hours a week).Develop and execute social media strategy. Create and curate great social content to grow followers and increase engagement. Monitor social channels and engage and respond to social conversations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement an influencer strategy to amplify the reach of our messages to new audiences.
- Maintain effective, cohesive, and engaging messaging. Use positive consumer-friendly easy to understand language to explain environmental health science and research.
- Measure, track, and optimize social media and content performance.
- Research, write and edit various levels of content (website posts, bi-monthly newsletters, guest posts, press briefs).
- Have an eye for visually engaging and appealing content. Simple design tasks for creating both digital and print promotional materials.
- Assist in the management of vendors, including freelancers, web designers, graphic designers, and/or video editors.
- Assist in generating and executing media outreach strategies.
- Support Program Director with general management, including research, analysis, writing, and development.
- Occasional administrative tasks and management of constituent and stakeholder data.
EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree
- A deep understanding of the ins and outs and latest trends for all social media platforms – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and how to create content for these channels. Experience working with wide range of social media management tools a plus.
- 3-5 years marketing or communications experience in health, wellness, or environment fields.
- Close familiarity or keen interest in how environmental factors can contribute to disease and disability and are just as important to health and wellness as diet and nutrition.
- Are a 'hands-on' and 'learn by doing' type of person. Ability to work autonomously and with a small team.
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to plan, coordinate, and execute projects and events in a consistent, high-quality manner
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Powerpoint, InDesign, Photoshop, and Mailchimp
- A sense of humor and willingness to be flexible
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org